Saturday, December 5, 2015

Conversion Tracking

This semester, I created a site on Weebly to test conversion tracking. I figured that it would interesting and potentially insightful to share my experience.

The link to the site that I created can be found here: http://coryevans.weebly.com

As you can see from this screenshot, I created "Home", "About", "Contact", and "Thank You" pages on my Weebly site in order to generate clicks and potential forms of conversions: 



In addition, I linked my Weebly site with Google Analytics for conversion tracking purposes. The results can be viewed below:


As you can see, I was able to generate insightful information from simply creating a website off of Weebly, and then linking it to a Google Analytics account. For instance, I was able to determine that my website generated 340 sessions and 342 page views with absolutely no paid advertising, but instead organic posting. 

For specific conversions/goals, I created a "Thank You" page to see how many visitors submitted a form on my site. Although I did not have actual results, it was still a rewarding experience, as I was able to expand my overall knowledge on how to track conversions on Google Analytics:



After completing this exercise, it is clear to me that conversion tracking is a necessary skill to hone as a business professional. In other words, in order to determine if a company, website, product, or service is profitable or being advertised towards a proper target audience, it is essential to utilize conversion tracking through a service such as Google Analytics to measure ROI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment