Thursday, October 8, 2015

Gerbil Liberation Front Activity

Today in class, I found the Gerbil Liberation Front activity to be rather interesting. To begin, I visited the GLF website, which is created off of a Google site. Outside of Wix, Google Sites are easily one of the best options to consider for developing a site for free. After visiting the website, I ventured on to its Facebook page to research more about what the Gerbil Liberation Front had to offer. I discovered that GLF is musical group formed by gerbils, whose genre blends between hip hop and metal.

Soon after visiting the GLF Facebook page, I continued to Zazzle, which is a online retailer that allows users to customize merchandise with unique designs. As a part of its social media marketing efforts, the Gerbil Liberation Front has a Zazzle account and enables its fans to purchase t shirts to support the group. The merchandise looks to be made of high-quality, as you can visualize in the picture below:



Finally, the Gerbil Liberation Front also utilizes mailchimp, which is a resource that can be used as a way to gain subscribers via an emailing list. I found mailchimp to be an ideal alternative to creating a Facebook page for a company, as it can be used as a channel to regularly distribute content to users or fans. Overall, I thought that the GLF class activity was very helpful, as I was able to learn about new social media marketing tools and resources, such as Zazzle and mailchimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment